How to Choose a Ketubah
Choosing a ketubah for your wedding can often feel like a daunting task. There are many things to consider including, style, design, text and whether or not you wish to personalize your ketubah. Knowing where to start can seem confusing but it's easier than you think to find the perfect ketubah. To make things even easier, we've put together this helpful buying guide to get you started.
If you're still having trouble, we're here to help. We can guide you through the process, making it as easy and pleasant as possible. Have a question? Just ask one of our experts and we'll do whatever we can to assist you.
- Before choosing a text it's a good idea to consult with your officiant about which text option is best for you. Above and beyond the beauty of your chosen ketubah design, the text you choose is the cornerstone of the document. The text represents the type of ceremony you are having, which in turn should correspond to your views about Judaism.
- Once you've chosen a text, think about budget. How much you have to spend will have an impact on the ketubah you choose. We have a broad selection of beautiful ketubot at very reasonable prices.
- Next, think about artistic style and design. You can choose from countless styles of ketubot created by dozens of talented artists, from traditional to abstract to modern. We are one of the most experienced ketubah galleries in the world, having supplied thousands of ketubot and trusted online service since 1996. We have over 350 beautiful ketubot on display which means there is something for every taste and budget.
- Keep in mind that not all texts are available with every ketubah design. If you choose a design that doesn't come with your desired text, please consult with our experts on how best to proceed. Simply click on the ketubah you are interested in to find out which texts are available with it.
- After you've chosen your design and text combination, the next step is to decide if you would like personalization. Personalization is the process of adding your wedding details (your names, the wedding date, the wedding location, etc.) into the body of the Ketubah text, in the same calligraphy style as the ketubah to ensure a perfect match and flow of texts. Having your ketubah personalized by the artist ensures that you will have a beautiful and integrated piece of art to cherish forever. A personalized ketubah can also be modified in other ways such as increasing the number of signature lines or inserting other information. If you do not want your ketubah to be personalized, you have the option of purchasing your ketubah blank and having a local calligrapher or your Rabbi fill in the blank spaces.
- Once you've finalized your choice, it's time to place your order. We've made the process quick and easy with our online checkout. Simply click on the ketubah you like best, then from the drop-down menu choose the text, whether or not you wish to personalize and choose a shipping option and click Add to cart. You will then be asked to input your credit card information.
- Now all you have to do is wait for your ketubah to arrive. If you've ordered a non-personalized ketubah, you should receive it within 10 days. Personalized ketubahs may take anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks, although rush orders can be filled.