- Interreligious Peace Scholarship
Interreligious Peace Scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP IS CURRENTLY INACTIVE
The Interreligious Peace Scholarship is an effort to fund the educational pursuit of interreligious collaboration, tolerance, and peace. Whether a person is religious or not, leaders in today’s society need a background of religious fluency to foster peace, human rights, and economic and social development. Dialogue and engagement among religions plays a vital role in a wide variety of fields—including community development, community organizing, conflict resolution and peacemaking, education, health care, social advocacy. The goal of this scholarship is to educate a new generation of leaders who will further collaboration and peace among world religions in public life.
To be considered for the scholarship please submit an essay between 750-1000 words that addresses the following topic
- How does interreligious dialogue and understanding impact conflict resolution and peacemaking?
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent U.S. resident.
- Be accepted to or already enrolled at an institution of higher learning.
- Be graduating high school or receiving GED within 9 months
- An official copy of a current academic transcript.
- Proof of legal residency in USA or Canada (i.e. birth certificate, passport, driver’s license, permanent resident card, etc.).
- Proof of acceptance or enrollment to an institution of higher learning.
- One applicant will be awarded a $1,500 scholarship for first prize. Scholarship award recipients will be notified of the selection on or before May 1st annually.
- Scholarship application submission deadline is April 15th annually.
- The Scholarship is to be used exclusively for tuition at an institution of higher learning and related expenses such as books, supplies, etc. An award check will be made payable to the award recipient’s school and/or supplier of books, supplies, etc. to cover these expenses. Award winners are expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
Please include the following, in addition to the requirements set forth above:
- Include your full name, email address, mailing address and phone number at the top of your essay. Include your full name, email address, mailing address and phone number in your email that includes your essay. This will be the information that we use to contact you if your essay is selected as the winner, but will not be shared with the public if you become a finalist. If you are a finalist, your name and image will be shared with the public.
- Please include a summary about yourself. (What school, college or university you attend or plan to attend and your career goals)
- Please send all submissions via email only in .pdf, .doc or .docx format for the essay to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All participants agree that they consent to the use of their name, photograph, and prize information.